9 SKILLS WORKSHOP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOEFL iBT prep

2 posters

Go down

TOEFL iBT prep Empty TOEFL iBT prep

Post by Wati Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Skill: Test taking

Resource: Phillips, Deborah.  (2006). Preparation course for the TOEFL TEST: iBT. New York: Longman

Description: This is a TOEFL prep text with considerable amounts of practice material, 700+ pages.

Usefulness: I draw on this material when there isn't enough to keep my students busy for the whole class.  There is material for all the skills plus skills integration practice as well.  At the back of the book there are eight mini tests and two complete practice tests.  Deborah Phillips has published extensively with Longman and also Cambridge on English for academic purposes so I feel like I can trust her test prep resources to be of the best quality.  This book comes with a CD-ROM for the listening parts which is handy since there is so much printable material online but not always so much audio for TOEFL.
Wati
Wati

Back to top Go down

TOEFL iBT prep Empty Re: TOEFL iBT prep

Post by tina_lumenta Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Thank you Wati. By the way where can I find the book? Do you have any references for the bookstore or online store?
tina_lumenta
tina_lumenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Wati Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:29 pm

tina_lumenta wrote:Thank you Wati. By the way where can I find the book? Do you have any references for the bookstore or online store?
Hi Tina.  There is an abreviated version provided free online, with answer key and lesson plans also by Deborah Phillips, audio is available too; that is here: http://wps.pearsonlongman.com/toefl/
Wati
Wati

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down